100% Satisfaction with Low Price Guaranteed. Otherwise cheerfully money back
NO HIDDEN COST & NO DRAMA
Excellent Cleaning Blogs- How To Clean Your Select Leather Upholstery
Leather is a very expensive piece of furniture for one's home. It's very beautiful and delicate. That's why it's important to take caution when a major incident happens. Applying the wrong techniques and chemicals can ruin your precious leather. For something other than minor spills, it's important to choose a professional company.
When searching for companies that offer professional leather cleaning, Melbourne has many to choose from. But none offer the quality and care that Excellent Cleaning has. You can call us for a professional cleaning once a year to keep your leather like new. For minor spills and general cleaning, here are a few steps you can take to clean your leather items.
Check with Your Manufacturer before Cleaning
Your leather furniture should come with instructions from the manufacturer on cleaning. It's also important to know what type of leather you have before attempting to clean it with leather care products. If you can't locate the cleaning instructions, contact the manufacturer first. Remember to never use general cleaning products such as varnish, ammonia cleaners or bleach. Doing so can cause the colors to fade.
- Vacuum with a soft brush
- Mix an excellent quality soft soap with distilled water
- Dampen a soft cloth
- Test a small piece of your furniture, where it's not highly visible
- Working by sections, clean an area with the wet soapy cloth, clean with another wet cloth in just water, dry it with a clean dry cloth.
- Once done, apply a leather conditioner.
Dealing with Spills
Spills should be handled immediately. Once they penetrate through your leather, they will it's extremely hard to clean.
Dealing with Stains
- Ink – Rub alcohol over the stain with a cotton swab. Dry with a blow dryer on low heat.
- Grease – Wipe the stain away with a dry, soft cloth
- Newspaper print – The ink will bleed on your leather. Spray it lightly with hair spray and wipe with a dry soft cloth.
Following these tips should ensure a proper cleaning for your leather furniture. When the stains are too tough, contact us to handle them right the first time. Excellent Cleaning can be reached at 1300 398 328.